Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taste

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good.  How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."  Psalm 34:8

So I haven't blogged in quite a while.  Sorry to say that I've been utterly busy with so many different things.  I haven't had much time to reflect on my eating disorder, and that might not be a good thing.  Often, the more that I don't think about it, ED sneaks in to take over in quite subtle ways.  I pray that we would all take refuge in the Lord who can deliver us from ED and protect us in the shadow of His wings during this chaotic time of year.

During this season we need to take the time to make sure that we are paying attention to our bodies' little cues.  Slow down when it's letting you know that you're tired.  Treat yourself well and take care of your needs.  When I say this I feel so selfish, but if we don't stop and do something for ourselves (even something tiny like enjoying a piece of chocolate), we can burn out quickly and give ED a foothold.

Stop and smell a flower today and remember to thank the Lord for all the blessings He has given us!  "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment