Saturday, November 20, 2010

Here We Go!

Yesterday was such an odd eating day.  I ate breakfast and snack like usual, and then I had lunch at a bbq restaurant. 

Now, I love love bbq, but I was overwhelmed with the buffet and all of its choices.  Lots of starch, lots of fat, lots of yummy food.  And then there's always dessert on a buffet.  I didn't know whether or not to challenge myself, but when banana pudding calls, there's not much resisting on my part. 

Then, I went walking on the dam and really enjoyed myself, but I didn't realize the time and the fact that I needed to eat soon after the walk.  I was offered an oatmeal creme pie, which are my absolute favorite Little Debbie cakes.  Because I had already eaten dessert, I didn't want to challenge myself.  I ate a handful of nuts instead ("safer" food), and it really helped regulate my hunger until dinner. 

Dinner was an awesome Zaxby's salad.  Mmmmm. 

Snack time rolled around again though, and I needed something.  My brain knew that I needed yogurt or dairy, but that wasn't available on my drive home.  What was?  That silly oatmeal creme pie, and I gave in.  My thought process was burdening to me, but I ate it anyway, realizing that I could begin again the next day.

Well, here's the next day, and what do I have ahead?  Thanksgiving dinner.  That's right.  An early meal with friends on a great Saturday night.  I am going to challenge myself, but I am going to make wise choices for me.

Here are the holidays, and they are difficult to manage with little ole ED.  Days of cookies, casseroles, candies, cakes.  Batten down the hatches, boys!

1 comment:

  1. I have faith in you! There is nothing wrong with using a meal plan as a guideline as long as you allow yourself some flexibility.You know where to find me if you need me...You are a true champion:D

    ReplyDelete