Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Next Step...

As I sat in the kitchen the other day, I watched Olive come leaping from the next room.  She dove head-first into my plants that sit beside my window.  She obviously didn't consider that it might hurt to jump; she just flew!

I don't remember the last time I flew into a decision like that.  Sometimes, I wish that I could just throw caution to the wind and know that I would be okay.

Do any of you have trouble just taking that next step?  Whether it's a complete leap into the unknown or a mere toe-dip, it's a scary thing.  I just sometimes want to stop at the thresh hold and stay where I am, comfortable and at-ease.  I have a feeling that God wants more for us.  What would trusting Him be if we knew what the outcome would look like?
 

3 comments:

  1. I probably don't think enough sometimes. Just keep trudging ahead even if it's off a cliff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were reading my mind today:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I do have to say that leaping into decisions like that is often painful. ;D Poor Olive didn't expect to hit her head so hard.

    ReplyDelete