Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Brand New Day

I love brand new days.  They bring such joy and anticipation of things that might happen.  Even when I am exhausted (like this morning), the Lord gives me such joy.  Last year, I might not have been able to say that, but He has graciously given me a desire lately to praise Him as soon as I awake (or have had my morning cup of tea). 

The fair was wonderful.  I can't imagine having gone with a group who's more fun, and this was my first time being with them.  After eating teriyaki chicken, tempura veggies, elephant ear, and fried milky way, my body was screaming, "Eat a vegetable without grease!!" 

Funny thing was, this morning when I woke up, my body was still screaming, "Eat something without grease!!"  Now, I don't eat grease in the morning, but what does ED say?  "Grease = fat.  Since you had grease last night, you should not need to eat fat this morning with breakfast."  What does Anna say?  "Wow, ED, that makes sense!  I did eat enough fat last night to probably allow my arteries a little break...  But, no, I must stick to the food plan.  Fats help brain and skin function.  Thanks, ED,  but I think I'll eat my tablespoon of cashews now."

So, while I want to listen to ED this morning, I'm not going to let him still my joy from the day.  I'm going to eat cheese pizza for lunch and steak for dinner, AND I am going to ENJOY IT!

"...For the joy of the Lord is your strength..." (Nehemiah 8:10).  Live out loud in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment