Monday, October 25, 2010

The Cat

Poor Olive.  The food I'm putting in front of her is not enticing.  She's cranky; she's not letting me love on her.  I feel so sad for her, and I wish I could make it all go away for her.  Unlike humans she can't say what she's feeling, but I wish that she could.

I spend time thinking about people and wondering how to make their lives better.  I think about my first graders, my friends, my family.  The sad thing is, I don't think as much about Olive as I probably should.  She's shut up in a bedroom for a long time each day.  Was anyone really created to be smushed in a room all day?  I'm not, so I can't imagine that Olive is!


When I think about who God created me to be, should I wonder who Olive was created to be?  Is she living life well?  Things to ponder.  But then again, it's just a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment